Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 12, 2012

I'm Thankful For: Our Veterans-My Brother

Yesterday, was Veteran's Day and today, I am devoting this thankful post to all Veterans. I am so thankful for your service to our country. Your work, your dedication, your love for our country is not without deep appreciation. I am proud of you all. I want to specifically name a few family members who have served: my brother, Jerry Elmore, my uncle, Harold Freeman and my cousin, Jeremy Book...Thank YOU! I love you all!

I am thankful for my brother, even though he calls me names (as brothers do) and tortures me by tickling me. He is a loving brother. He is one of those people who will be there for you if you need him. He works hard and serves God faithfully. I appreciate his advice and respect his opinion. He is talented, caring and giving. He is a wonderful father and husband. I hope he knows how loved and appreciated he truly is. I remember one time when I was in the second grade, he came to pick me up from school early. He was about 20 years old. There is a little bit of an age gap between us. Anyway, when he walked in the classroom with his cowboy boots and cowboy hat on, everyone in the class said, "Wow! Your brother is TALL!" I was sooo proud! I was like, "Ya! That's MY brother!" I, also, remember that same year he got me a big gift for my birthday. My mom kept telling me how big it was and I kept asking, "Is it bigger than our house?" I was picturing a giant teddy bear taller than our house. As it turns out his gift to me was a surprise birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. That was huge! I loved that birthday party so much and I am so grateful to him for blessing me with that memory. I am thankful for him, not just because of a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party or that he impressed my classmates by how tall he was or for anything he has ever done for me like helping us cut down our dead pine tree, but just because he is my brother! Thank you, Lord, for that special blessing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote