Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm Thankful For: My Daughter



"HAAAPPPYYY BIRBAY, MOMMY!!!" This is how I am greeted most mornings. If not that, then "HIIIII, MOMMMY!!!" Then after that she tells me, "I sleep good, mommy!" She is such a joy in the mornings and pretty much all day, every day. I knew her name was perfect for her the moment I put it together-Katelyn Joy. It's meaning: Pure Joy! She has been nothing but a joy in my life and the lives of many others. That little girl that has only been on this earth for 2 short years has touched many lives. She is such a sweetheart. She comes up to me out of the blue and puts both hands on my head and proceeds to kiss me all over my face. Just this evening she started singing a song she was learning off of Diego that was about "mommy." She put her arms around my arm and looked up at me and started singing it to me.

She keeps me laughing. The things she says and does makes me wonder all the time, "where did she learn that?" She is a live wire for sure, always on the go. She is dancing, running, jumping, doing flips and yelling, "Mommy, where are you?" She has to be right where I am and that is perfectly okay.  I am going to enjoy these moments when she wants me near. Oh, sure, I enjoy the momentary breaks of quiet so I can pull myself together, but it is not long I'm ready to have her jump on my lap, put her hands on my cheeks and squeeze them while saying, "I'm chubby. I'm chubby."

I love that little girl so very much! I am so thankful God chose me to be her mommy. Sometimes I wonder what in the world was He thinking. Two quiet and shy people were blessed with a loud, crazy, rambunctious, outgoing little girl. She brings us out of our shell and puts a little fun and a lot of interesting into an otherwise boring day. I think we need her as much as she needs us. I'm thankful He gives us just what we need. I am thankful for Katelyn JOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote