Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm Thankful For: My Sister-Jennifer

I am so thankful for Jen. She is an amazing sister. When we were younger, we use to fight all the time, but we couldn't stay angry for very long...at least not me. haha I remember one time we got into a fight and my dad sent us to our rooms. Our rooms were right next to each other and I remember knocking on the wall that separated our rooms to get her to come to her door. I poked my head outside and waited. She opened her door looked down the hall and I whispered loudly, "I'm Sorry!" That was the end of that fight. I know we are not perfect sisters and we still aggravate each other from time to time, but I couldn't imagine my life without her. She is a rock. I go to her for advice and prayer and she tells me like it is. I don't always like what she has to say, but it is exactly what I need to hear. She does so much for so many people and sacrifices a lot. She brings humor to a heavy situation and lightens the mood. She does so much that no one ever sees. She doesn't seek recognition. I try whenever possible to recognize the things she does. Like today, I called my aunt to see how she was and what she needed for groceries and found out that Jen had went and bought her groceries on Sunday. I so appreciated her doing that for me and for my aunt, but I didn't know about it until my aunt told me. When I had the chance, I told her thank you. Another thing about Jen is she is an encourager. She has lifted me up so many times with her words and God's word. I know she does it even when she is in need of encouragment herself. She gives out of her need. She is an amazing woman. I know she loves her husband and children and all her family and friends. She teaches her children in the way they should go and we can already see the fruit of her labor. She will stand up for her family and stand firm beside them. She is a priceless, irreplaceable friend in my life and I am so thankful she is my sister!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote