Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

I'm Thankful For: Family Traditions


Today was our Sunday dinner at my dad's house. This is one of my favorite family traditions. We make it a point to meet at my dad's after church every other Sunday. (It use to be every Sunday.) My sister and her family, my brother and his family (my other sister is apart of it when she is down from Independence, MO), me and my family and now my aunt all go down to my dad's for a meal together. My sister, sister-in-law and I take turns cooking the meal. We, also, use these Sunday dinners to celebrate everybody's birthdays as they come. I enjoy cooking for my family, I enjoy having a meal with my family and I enjoy spending time with my family. I miss whoever is missing that day. Sometimes life gets in the way and some of them just can't make it, but we continue on and keep this family tradition alive. I am so thankful to be apart of a family that enjoys getting together so much that we make it point to do so every other Sunday (we get together at other times apart from this, but this is something that is consistent). In a world so full of change and growing apart, we still have something to hold on to that we know we can count on.  I know my dad won't always be around, we all won't always be around, but we make the most of the times we have while we are still here to have them. I was helping out in the nursery during the morning worship service and the lady working in there with me was talking with me about me going down there to cook the meal and she said, "You all are devoted to your Sunday's with your dad." Yes, we are and I am so very thankful for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote