Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I'm Thankful For: God Supplying All of Our Needs

It seems that Kevin and I are going through a season of trust. We have never been at a point that we have exhausted all of our resources and are unable to help others out as we use to do. This has been real frustrating because we know of others who have greater needs and we so desire to help them. I received a phone call today that was unexpected that made the weight of our financial burden even heavier. Not only are we unable to help meet other's needs, we have some basic needs of our own that need to be met. My first response is to tear up and say, "I don't know what we are going to do!" But, I received some encouragement from my sister today and she reminded me of this verse, "And my God shall supply all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19. This happened to be the scripture we were wavering in faith over a couple of nights ago. I told myself, I have to believe.

As the holidays are approaching and we wonder how are we going to be able to just get through Thanksgiving and still help someone less fortunate than we are, we received an unexpected blessing that I believe will meet the need. I am so thankful He does supply all of our needs. It may not always be how we expect, but it does come and sometimes it stretches our faith and trust in Him. I am thankful for this season. These lessons and tests and valleys are worth so much more than we will ever know here on earth. "For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!" 2 Corinthians 4:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote