Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dar la Luz

A woman who is working part-time to help out while I am gone on maternity leave came to me Monday and said something that at the time I didn’t know how to take other than, “oh that’s nice.” But for some reason I knew there had to be something much deeper about what she said. This woman was a missionary to Mexico for several years. She is now in the retirement stage of her life. She came to me and said I wanted to tell you how to say “to give birth” in Spanish. It is “dar la luz.” She said it literally means translated “to give light.” Like I said, I was unsure how to take it other than that was nice of her to share. We went about our business. The next day I was getting ready for work and was having a nice talk with the Lord. During my time of prayer I asked the Lord to “help me to give light.” That’s when it hit me! Dar la luz-to give light means to give birth in the Spanish language. As I thought more I realized there is a life in me that has been at work growing and developing and when it is fully grown then the time comes to give birth. The same thing happens when we are born again. God places His light within us that does a work within that matures us. But that light is not meant to stay hidden inside us. There is a time that comes to “give light” into this world. When we give light there will be labor. Once the light is brought into this world, it is then that we lead and guide that light in His will and in His way. Just as the world patiently awaits for the woman to give birth, so the world awaits for us to "give light."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote