Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pregnancy: Who knew?

A few things no one bothered to mention about being pregnant before they happened to me.


1) No one ever told me that your belly button area would get sensitive. So sensitive that you almost cringe every time someone reaches out their hand to pat or rub your belly. You are thinking, "gently, gently."

2) No one ever told me that your belly button wouldn’t necessarily be perfectly centered. Mine veers slightly to the right.

3) No one ever told me you get hot flashes. I mean, I have had comments of feeling sorry for me being pregnant in the summer, but I was fine with the heat thanks to air conditioning until these hot flashes started.

4) No one ever told me just how a pain in the butt pregnancy could be-literally. My tailbone hurts every time I sit down or stand up or stay seated for a prolonged time-like 10 minutes.

5) And finally, no one ever told me just how much you love this life growing inside of you before you ever even meet. I have had a near perfect pregnancy. I really have nothing to complain about. I believe that about a month or so ago I said I could stay pregnant forever. It was then that I realized that this is the only time in this child’s life that she is most protected-inside my womb. Oh, how I wanted to keep her forever inside of me safe and sound. But I guess that’s what the last few weeks of pregnancy do for you. When you start to hit the miserable stage physically, you are really preparing emotionally to release the child from your ultimate care. I do believe I have hit that miserable stage, and I know now that the time for her arrival is drawing near. And during this time my mind has been filled with lots of questions. Can I really do this? Can I really be a mommy and actually be good at it? I’ve decided I’m not stressing anymore. I believe that with the love I have for her now, already, I am going to be a great mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote