Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Trust

Trust...this seems to be the theme for our lives right now.

Trust...believing that God's ways are higher than my ways, that His thoughts are higher than my thoughts.

Trust...believing in all things He will work for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.

Trust...believing that He knows the plans He has for me and they are plans to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me hope and a future.

Trust...laying down all the cares of the world that choke me and follow Him.

It was amazing to see the parable of the sower in light of my relationship with God. As I allowed myself to be completely honest with myself, I found I am much like the soil of hearing God's word and receiving it joyfully, but in time allowing the cares of this world and the pull of possessions to choke me. It just hit me like a ton of bricks that when the cares of life over take me, I try to work it out myself. I try to make my own plan and in doing so, I follow my own path and am not following Jesus. Yes, I am saved, but I am not trully following Him. Following Him means to lay these cares and worries down, trust Him to follow His path, His way. He will take care of these worries. I don't have to work and fight these cares on my own. Yes, life is hard, but it doesn't have to be as hard as I make it, if I trust Him to be everything I need. Right now, I am needing Him more than ever before. I am learning to trust Him more. I am learning to wait patiently and often quietly. I am learning that my best laid plans will crumble beneath the weight of His perfect plan. His plan is greater than anything I could ever dream up, and I must remind myself of that even when I don't understand what is going on.

Trust...in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT

Reference: Isaiah 55:9, Romans 8:28, Jeremiah 29:11, Matthew 13:22



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote