Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year, New Bible Study Session!

I have several goals for this year: personal, marriage, mothering, homemaking, ministry and financial goals. One of the goals is to blog twice a month...I may be doing that a little more these next few weeks as I use my blog to try to connect with my Bible study group. I am going to post my Bible study observations and applications each Mon-Fri through the rest of January to stay accountable. We connect through a private group on Facebook. I won't be utilizing Facebook until February. My husband and I have been taking a much needed break. It has been a blessing to refocus on the important things without all the nagging distractions.

So today begins my Bible study entries. Our Bible Study is through Good Morning Girls, titled Living Like Jesus. We are studying Luke 1-8. I use the SOAP method that was introduced to me through Good Morning Girls. It has helped me so much in learning to study the Bible. For more information, check out the Good Morning Girls blog here.

*Note-I read my passages in NKJV, NIV and NLT. In my observations, there may be a mix of those three. I will note which version I used.

S-Luke 1:1-4

O-Luke-having had perfect understanding of all things
Written for Theophilus to have certainty of those things he has been instructed

A-I can take these accounts at face value, since these were firsthand accounts. I need to read his word for myself so that I, too, can be certain of those things I have been taught. (NKJV)

P-God, I want to know you in a new and refreshing way, I want to follow you, your word, and not man. Though there are great teachers, I can not replace reading your word and knowing you personally with great teaching. Speak to me God. I wait for you and am listening, Amen!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote