Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 12, 2011

My Little Christmas Miracle

I am so overwhelmed by the goodness of God. I’m blown away at how He showed me this weekend that He truly does care about the small details of our lives and the desires of our hearts.  This Christmas season there were a few activities that I wanted Katelyn to experience before the time passed us by. One of those activities was to attend a Christmas parade. We had plans Saturday night to attend the Van Buren night time Christmas parade with a few dear friends.  I was looking forward to seeing her face. I have been overjoyed experiencing Christmas thru her eyes this year.
Earlier in the week Kevin complained about a toothache and as the week went on it kept getting worse. By Friday, he was in so much pain he was not himself.  His dentist's office is closed on Fridays, but we called the emergency line and his dentist met him there to take a look at what was going on. Well, he had an infection and was put on antibiotics and later on some strong pain meds.  Saturday
afternoon it was evident that we would not be attending Katelyn’s 1st Christmas parade. I was a little saddened, but there was nothing we could do other than to just accept what was handed to us and learn to be at peace.
I found out my niece and nephew both were in the Christmas program at their church and it was the next Sunday morning. I decided that I would take Katelyn to go see them in their program.  Sunday we woke up and got ready having no idea what God had prepared for us that day. I made sure Kevin had taken his medicine and was comfortable and rushed out the door thinking we were going to be late. We made it a few minutes before they started. That was a miracle in itself.  We got settled into our pew and my sister grabbed her little Cupcake and held her next to the aisle as they welcomed us to their Christmas Parade! What? Did I hear correctly? Yes, their Christmas Program was a Christmas Parade. It began with some cute, upbeat Christmas songs and the characters made their way up and down the aisles. There was a Santa and Mrs. Clause, Joseph, Mary and Baby Jesus, 3 Wise Guys, Caged (Stuffed) Animals on Carts, Super Babies, a Beauty Queen, Snowmen, Ornaments, a Clown on a Bicycle, Christmas Holly, Christmas Tree, Candy Cane Girl, etc.  A few of them passed out little candy canes to the crowd. Katelyn was on the edge of the aisle and got a few pieces of candy and candy canes.  I couldn’t help but tear up. Right there in that little church with their little Christmas production God so sweetly gave me the desire of my heart for Katelyn to experience her very 1st Christmas parade. I couldn’t imagine a better parade for her to experience. I think it was the best one I’ve ever been to and Katelyn loved it!
After the characters marched through to the music they each came back around and the narrator and parade commentators brought out the true meaning of Christmas through the characters' representation. My mother-in-law was happy to hear that they told how Santa represented a Spirit of Giving and he, too, was a servant of Christ. It was all so very meaningful. At the end of all the narrating they lifted up a cross and each character knelt down at the foot of the cross. Then the choir came out and sang a few songs. I was blown away by the talent and power of such a small choir. I didn’t count how many made up the choir, but don’t think there could have been more than ten people.  I was very impressed by what Calvary Assembly of God did for their Christmas program. But what God did for me and Katelyn that morning I will never forget. It is a small miracle, but it is my miracle. God is not only good, He is so very sweet!
I pray that your Christmas is full of little miracles that mean the world to YOU!

Here are a few pics I took with my phone (all I had with me).





Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote